<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Friday, May 07, 2004

Shot to the Heart / Bon Jovi's to blame / They give white guys a bad name* 

Went out to watch karaoke for the first time on Friday. What did I discover? Bon Jovi songs get white guys riled up like John Mayer in a Dave Chappelle skit (funniest show on tv- "I'm Rick James, [female dog explitive i'm too lefty to use)]"). Through both Dead or Alive and Shot to the Heart (but no Living on a Prayer, a true injustice), no matter what sub-culture they guy was from, be it indie rocker, frat boy, alaskan cowboy, or Office Space extra, they all had their hands in the air and their voices cranking out lyrics from my junior high days. Of course, the same people all were also mouthing along to Oops I Did it Again when they thought noone else was looking.

*The shivers-of-shame I get thinking back on the days I liked Weird Al should have stopped me from writing that title.

Comments: Post a Comment