<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday, April 08, 2004

Non-Review #1: Trashing movies I haven't seen yet 

So I'd like to see Passions simply to be an "informed criticizer". But two problems:
1) I don't know anyone who shares that "take one for the team" mentality when it comes to watching hypocritical christian gore.
2) I do not want to add my $10 to the economic jaugernaut that the religious right is now using to prove the greatness of their side (which will make me think twice next time I tote the popularity of Will & Grace and Queer Eye to prove the country is moving in the right direction).

So... I let others do the humorous rants for me!
Defective Yeti has a crazy funny version of the Passions promotional poster.
Aaron McGruder' Boondocks spent most of last week skewering Passions as well.
Paraphrasing Jon Stewart on The Daily Show (After Dawn of the Dead knocked Passions out of the number one slot): We now know that people actually just love movies about people rising from the dead. And the more people rising the better, it doesn't really matter if those people heal the sick or eat brains.

Comments: Post a Comment