<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tuesday, April 13, 2004

LOTPeeps: Another law school coincidence 

I've had several seredipitous events in law school that brought the class subject directly into the real world. For example, in copyrights class we were assigned to read the briefs in the Eldred case since it hadn't been decided yet. On the morning we were scheduled to discuss it in class, the decision came down from the Supreme Court. In another instance, my admin law professor extensively used something we had never heard of ("new source review" in the Clean Air Act) as an example in class. Then just this month the New York Times published a story on this exact regulatory change to illustrate the how Bush has created environmental havoc.

Well here's the newest (and may I say most important) coincidental entanglement: As I'm sitting in class listening to a discussion of legal protections for movies/plots/books/etc.(using copyrights, trademark, etc.), my friend (not know thats what we were discussing) IM'ed me this link to a story on Lord of the Peeps, an hilarious pictorial reenactment of LOTR using Peeps. I have a new law career goal: Marshmallow Rabbit Law.

Comments: Post a Comment